SoHo Broadway Community Corner: August 2022
Jul 29, 2022 | By SoHo Broadway Initiative
Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Architectural League
- 594 Broadway, Suite 607 New York, NY 10012, (212) 753-1722 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a vital, independent forum for architecture and its allied disciplines, the League helps create a more beautiful, vibrant, innovative, and sustainable future.
- Urban Omnibus is now on Instagram @urbanomnibus
- Enjoy the online publication of Urban Omnibus: urbanomnibus.net
- This year’s League competition ‘Grounding’ online display of winners for 2022. Grounding includes both entirely digital projects and documentation of physical installations in communities across North America: Grounding Exhibit Online
- Learn more about the Architectural League and its mission HERE
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- 421 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, (646) 370-3596 | email: email@example.com
- (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
- CIMA will reopen October 6, 2022 with Bruno Munari: The Child Within from 10/6/22 to 1/14/23
- website: italianmodernart.org
The Chinese American Arts Council-Gallery 465
- 456 Broadway, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013 | Phone : 212.431.9740 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chinese American Arts Council (CAAC) was established in 1975 to support the cultural arts of New York City’s Chinese-heritage communities and to generally raise awareness of Chinese performing and visual arts.
- Gallery 456 is open Mon-Wed-Fri from 1PM to 5PM.
- Exhibit: Timothy Hsieh’s Ceramic World August 12 – August 26, 2022 – Details
- Website: www.caacarts.org
Community Board No. 2
- 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 | Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | email: email@example.com
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960’s
- MEETING CALENDAR
- Website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
Douglas Dunn + Dancers
The Drawing Center
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Garden is open year-round by volunteers – WinterHours: WEEKDAYS: Noon – 4 pm, WEEKENDS: 10 am – 4 pm-weather permitting and RealFeel > 45°F
- Community gardening, Tai Chi, yoga and movie night are back! ESG Calendar August-CALENDAR
- Website: elizabethstreetgarden.com
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- 126 Crosby St New York, NY | Phone: 212-334-3324 | email: email@example.com.
- HousingWorks fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Braking Aids Ride 2022: September 11, Hudson Valley to NYC. Register HERE
- Website: Housingworks.org
The Judd Foundation
- 101 Spring Street New York NY | phone: 212.219.2747 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Talks page to watch/listen to previously recorded talks with artists: HERE
- IN-person visits are back! The guided visit program in New York will operate at a limited schedule and capacity. The number of available tickets will be reflected in the calendar and will be released on monthly basis. Safety protocols apply to all visitors regardless of vaccine status: Visit 101 Spring Street
- website: Juddfoundation.org
Leslie-Lohman Museum-50 Years of LGBTQ Art
- 26 Wooster Street New York, NY 10013 (Between Grand & Canal Streets) | Phone 212-431-2609
- Created by our founders to preserve LGBTQ identity and build community, the Leslie-Lohman Museum acts as a cultural hub for the LGBTQ community by aspiring to reclaim scholarship from a queer perspective.
- On Exhibit: Lorenza Böttner: Requiem for the Norm through AUG 14, 2022 – Exhibition details
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Mailing Address, P.O. Box 20488, New York NY 10009 | Learning Center & Office, Fire Boat House, East River Promenade at Grand Street
New York NY, 10002, 212.477.4022
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs, Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.
- Hudson Square Compost Drop-Off – Wednesdays 9am to 2pm: Bring your food scraps to the NYC Compost Project’s morning commuter drop-off location at Hudson Square (6th Ave & Spring St – NE Corner) SCHEDULE HERE
- Website: LES
Mulberry Street Library
- 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012 | Phone: (212) 966-3424
- Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- We are open! As part of our phased re-opening, we are expanding services at open grab-and-go locations. In addition to holds pickups and returns, this location now offers advance reservations for public computer use and limited browsing of materials. See you at the library—but don’t forget your mask!
- City Wide Dance Party at Mulberry Street Branch NYPL – Saturday, August 6
1:00-4:00 PM – learn more HERE
- Library website: https://www.nypl.org/locations/mulberry-street
Museum at Eldridge Street
- 12 Eldridge Street , New York, NY, 10002, Museum Site: 212.219.0302 | email@example.com
- Good News! The Museum at Eldridge Street will reopen on Tuesday, June 1. Schedule a visit with us to reserve a time slot:https://www.eldridgestreet.org/#
- Exhibition: Steve Marcus, Top Dog of Kosher Pop Art. New York City artist Steve Marcus takes viewers on a journey into the cartoon world of kosher folk art through a series of new artworks inspired by one of the many great Jewish contributions to American culture: the hot dog. May 12 through Nov 6, 2022. View Exhibit HERE
- Website: Museum at Eldridge Street
Rebecca Kelly Ballet
- 579 Broadway, 4B; New York, NY 10012 | Email: RKBallet1@verizon.net | Phone: 212-431-8489
- Appleby Foundation, Inc. 501c3 non-profit listed on Guidestar
- Home of the classical and contemporary Rebecca Kelly Ballet – since 1979.
- Mountain Lake PBS-TV Paul Larson interviews Rebecca Kelly “Choreographer Rebecca Kelly’s creativity flourishes during the pandemic” – View the interview HERE
- Find out more about us: www.rebeccakellyballet.com
SoHo Design District
- Phone: 917.410.0377 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design showrooms community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood.
- SoHo Memory Project Launches New Interactive Audio Tour and Exhibit at UNIQLO (created by Yukie Ohta) – Get access to the tour here: https://mailchi.mp/b950a220b267/audio-tour
- Follow on Instagram: @sohomemory
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming