2015 SoHo Broadway Initiative Annual Meeting
Jun 30, 2015 | By SoHo Broadway Initiative
The SoHo Broadway Initiative held its first Annual Meeting on Wednesday, June 24 at Scholastic (557 Broadway between Prince and Spring). Over seventy-five residents, businesses, property owners and friends attended.
John Barton, Chief Operating Officer of Dean & DeLuca, was our featured speaker and Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer stopped by to congratulate the Initiative on its first year.
Mark Dicus, the Initiative’s Executive Director, was the evening’s MC and he invited several board members and friends to speak to the community about the work of the Initiative.
Here’s an recap of the evening’s presentations:
Richard Benenson, Treasurer:
- Presented overview of FY 2015 (year ending June 30, 2015) financial position, FY 2016 (year ending June 30, 2016) approved budget and work of Finance Committee over the past year.
James Cavello, Chair Outreach and Communications:
- The organization launched the new SoHo Broadway Initiative brand including new name, logo, color palette and slogan developed by Mucca.
- Thanked committee members Corinne Colen, Peter Davies, Richard Lehrer, Lee Leshen, Mary Rolland and Kit Fine.
Peter Davies, Member of Program Services Committee:
- Discussed work being done to launch a public safety program to address sidewalk congestion and pedestrian flow issues caused by illegal sidewalk use.
- Explained current illegal sidewalk use conditions and preliminary plans to address these conditions.
- Performed a recent Broadway walk through with 1st Precinct, 5th Precinct and NYPD’s Peddler Unit.
- Announced RFP to be released in July to hire a company to provide public safety services, anticipate company to start at the end of September or October.
Lance Marsh, Supervisor of SoHo Broadway Clean Team:
- Supplemental Sanitation Services Program started on November 17th, 2015.
- Over the past 21 weeks, the SoHo Broadway Clean Team has:
- Provided 7,850 hours of service,
- Removed 20,730 bags of garbage
- Removed 2,000 graffiti incidents
Mark Dicus, Executive Director:
- Presented an overview of district mapping project and draft vendor curb regulation map.
- Q&A on current illegal sidewalk usage.
- Reviewed plans to learn more about and address quality of life issues.
Paul Farr, Secretary:
- Directed the election of the Permanent Board of Directors by the membership of the Initiative
- Board of Director Slate for each class was elected unanimously by each membership class
2015 Annual Meeting Photos
Annual Meeting Presentation