SoHo Broadway Community: Public review has begun following the City Planning Commission’s certification
On May 17, 2021, the New York City Planning Commission (CPC) voted to certify the SoHo/NoHo neighborhood rezoning proposal from the Department of City Planning. The CPC hearing (video), held after the submission of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement, marks the initiation of the Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP). Following CPC’s certification, Manhattan Community Board 2 must hold a public hearing and issue a recommendation to inform the rezoning on the behalf of community members and stakeholders within 60 days.
Community Board 2’s SoHo/NoHo Working Group will hosting several meetings to discuss the zoning proposal. All meetings will start at 6:30 PM, dates are below:
- Wednesday, June 2nd: Displacement of Existing Rent Regulated Units (Zoom)
- Tuesday, June 15th: Impact on Historic Districts (Zoom)
- Wednesday, June 23rd: Department of City Planning Presentation + Public Hearing (in person, Lower Hall of St. Anthony of Padua Church, 151-155 Sullivan Street)
- Thursday, June 24th: Public Hearing (Zoom)
- Thursday, July 8th: Public Hearing (Zoom)
The public can register to attend the Community Board meetings here and keep an eye on meeting updates or changes on the Community Board’s calendar and CB2’s SoHo/Noho Plan page.
Visit the Neighborhood Plan website and Zoning Application Portal for further resources, documents, and updates.