Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Architectural League
- 594 Broadway, Suite 607 New York, NY 10012, (212) 753-1722 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a vital, independent forum for architecture and its allied disciplines, the League helps create a more beautiful, vibrant, innovative, and sustainable future.
- Urban Omnibus is now on Instagram @urbanomnibus
- Enjoy the online publication of Urban Omnibus: urbanomnibus.net
- Annual Student Program 2023 – A one-day program for architecture students, offering career insights from leading design professionals and studios. Saturday, September 23, 10:00 am. Register HERE: https://archleague.org/event/annual-student-program-2023
- Learn more about the Architectural League and its mission HERE
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- 421 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, (646) 370-3596 | email: email@example.com
- (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
- Transatlantic Bridges: Corrado Cagli, 1938-1948 – October 12, 2023 – January 27, 2024
- website: italianmodernart.org
The Chinese American Arts Council-Gallery 465
- 456 Broadway, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013 | Phone : 212.431.9740 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chinese American Arts Council (CAAC) was established in 1975 to support the cultural arts of New York City’s Chinese-heritage communities and to generally raise awareness of Chinese performing and visual arts.
- Gallery 456 is open Mon-Wed-Fri from 1PM to 5PM.
- Website: www.caacarts.org
Community Board No. 2
- 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 | Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | email: email@example.com
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960s
- FULL BOARD Susan Kent, Chair: September 21, 2023 at 6:30 PM Meeting Calendar
- Website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
Douglas Dunn + Dancers
The Drawing Center
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Garden is open year-round by volunteers – Winter Hours: WEEKDAYS: Noon – 4 pm, WEEKENDS: 10 am – 4 pm-weather permitting and RealFeel > 45°F
- The Wellness series is back – Yoga & Tai Chi Saturdays & Sundays through September. Also, community gardening, live music and poetry: Get Calendar HERE!
- Website: elizabethstreetgarden.com
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- 126 Crosby St New York, NY | Phone: 212-334-3324 | email: email@example.com.
- Housing Works fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Pride Month: How The Gay Liberation Front Created The New Queer World – A panel discussion & reunion of founding members of the Gay Liberation Front, Sunday, June 04 2:30–4:30 PM at 126 Crosby St. Learn more HERE
- Braking Aids Ride is September 8-10 this year. Register to ride or sponsor – HERE
- Website: Housingworks.org
The Judd Foundation
- 101 Spring Street New York NY | phone: 212.219.2747 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Talks page to watch/listen to previously recorded talks with artists: HERE
- IN-person visits – the guided visit program in New York will operate at a limited schedule and capacity. The number of available tickets will be reflected in the calendar and will be released on monthly basis. Visit 101 Spring Street
- website: Juddfoundation.org
Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art
- 26 Wooster Street New York, NY 10013 (Between Grand & Canal Streets) | Phone 212-431-2609
- Created by our founders to preserve LGBTQ identity and build community, the Leslie-Lohman Museum acts as a cultural hub for the LGBTQ community by aspiring to reclaim scholarship from a queer perspective.
- On Exhibit: Dreaming of Home, wenty contemporary artists whose work invokes the comforts and complications of queer and trans domestic life – September 07 – January 07, 2024. Read more HERE: https://leslielohman.org/exhibitions/dreaming-of-home
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Mailing Address, P.O. Box 20488, New York NY 10009 | Learning Center & Office, Fire Boat House, East River Promenade at Grand Street
New York NY, 10002, 212.477.4022
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs, Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.
- Hudson Square Compost Drop-Off (continues through winter) – Wednesdays 9am to 2pm: Bring your food scraps to the NYC Compost Project’s morning commuter drop-off location at Hudson Square (6th Ave & Spring St – NE Corner) More about Compost Program HERE:
- LES Fall Social, which celebrates the Ecology Center’s 20th anniversary of e-waste, will take place on Thursday, September 21. Tickets HERE
- Website: LES
Mulberry Street Library
- 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012 | Phone: (212) 966-3424
- Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- We are open! As part of our phased re-opening, we are expanding services at open grab-and-go locations. In addition to holds pickups and returns, this location now offers advance reservations for public computer use and limited browsing of materials. See you at the library—but don’t forget your mask!
- Paintings by Harry Powell Through September 5, 2023: Exhibition Details
- Library website: https://www.nypl.org/locations/mulberry-street
Museum at Eldridge Street
- 12 Eldridge Street , New York, NY, 10002, Museum Site: 212.219.0302 | email@example.com
- Good News! The Museum at Eldridge Street will reopen on Tuesday, June 1. Schedule a visit with us to reserve a time slot: https://www.eldridgestreet.org/#
- Walking Tour: Walking Tour: The Jewish Gangsters of Lower Manhattan – Friday, September 8, 2023 at 10:30 AM in person. Learn more about events HERE
- Website: Museum at Eldridge Street
SoHo Design District
- Phone: 917.410.0377 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design showrooms community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood.
- SoHo Memory Project Launches New Interactive Audio Tour and Exhibit at UNIQLO (created by Yukie Ohta) – Get access to the tour here: https://mailchi.mp/b950a220b267/audio-tour
- Follow on Instagram: @sohomemory
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming