Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Architectural League
- As a vital, independent forum for architecture and its allied disciplines, the League helps create a more beautiful, vibrant, innovative, and sustainable future.
- First Friday—Distance Edition: PRODUCTORA: The Mexico City-based studio kicks off our fall programming with a virtual visit on Sept 10 at 7pm.
- Enjoy the online publication of Urban Omnibus: urbanomnibus.net
- Learn more about the Architectural League and it’s mission HERE
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
- Next Exhibit -MARIO SCHIFANO 1960-1965 between January 26 – June 05 2021
- website: italianmodernart.org
The Chinese American Arts Council-Gallery 465
- The Chinese American Arts Council (CAAC) was established in 1975 to support the cultural arts of New York City’s Chinese-heritage communities and to generally raise awareness of Chinese performing and visual arts.
- Gallery 456 is the visual arts exhibition space of the Chinese American Arts Council and is closed until further notice.
- Website: www.caacarts.org
Community Board No. 2
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960’s
- FULL BOARD, Thursday, September 17 – 6:30 PM, Meeting Access via Video Conference – Please register at the following link: https://cbmanhattan.cityofnewyork.us/cb2/event/full-board-carter-booth-chair-3/
- website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
Douglas Dunn + Dancers
The Drawing Center
- The annual fundraiser for the Drawing Center has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 24, 2020 (virtual). Tickets HERE
- Stay connected with us through free virtual drawing workshops, curatorial walkthroughs, and lectures on our current exhibitions. Bi-Weekly Instagram Live Drawing Sessions. Join us every other Tuesday at 12:30pm EST for live drawing sessions hosted by artist Curtis Talwst Santiago. Visit us at Instagram
- Website: drawingcenter.org
Elizabeth Street Garden
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- HousingWorks fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Our clinics remain open. We hope to restart our events in October – but stay tuned!
- The online Shop remains up and running, but shipping will be delayed until staff are safely able to return and process.
- Website: Housingworks.org
The Judd Foundation
- Visit our Talks page to watch/listen to previously recorded talks with artists: HERE
- website: Juddfoundation.org
Leslie-Lohman Museum-50 Years of LGBTQ Art
- Created by our founders to preserve LGBTQ identity and build community, the Leslie-Lohman Museum acts as a cultural hub for the LGBTQ community by aspiring to reclaim scholarship from a queer perspective, to provide a training ground for queer artists and cultural workers, and to examine the juxtaposition between art and social justice in ways that provoke thought and dialogue.
- The Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art has some exhibition and workshops online. Please visit our website!
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs, Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.
- All of our public programs are temporarily suspended. Some of our compost drop off locations are open – SEE LOCATIONS HERE
- Website: LES
Mulberry Street Library
- Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- As part of New York City’s reopening, The New York Public Library is continuing the careful, phased process of returning limited service to its physical locations after temporarily closing due to the outbreak of COVID-19. As of Monday, August 3, we have expanded our grab-and-go service to 30 library locations, following the initial reopening of 8 library locations on July 13. At each of these locations, patrons can access a limited area for returns and pick up materials that they’ve reserved. Patrons can place holds on physical materials for pickup at our open locations via our online catalog or via phone.
- Enjoy city wide NYPL live online events HERE
- Website: Mulberry Street Branch
Museum at Eldridge Street
- Learn about our virtual events and resources for the community on our website! Connect, learn and bring the kids.
- Website: Museum at Eldridge Street
Rebecca Kelly Ballet
- Appleby Foundation, Inc. 501c3 non-profit listed on Guidestar
- Home of the classical and contemporary Rebecca Kelly Ballet – since 1979.
- Mountain Lake PBS-TV Paul Larson interviews Rebecca Kelly
“Choreographer Rebecca Kelly’s creativity flourishes during the pandemic” – View the interview HERE
- Find out more about us: www.rebeccakellyballet.com
SoHo Arts Network
- The Soho Arts Network is a working network of non-profit art spaces in SoHo, celebrating the rich history of our unique creative community.
- See network of galleries: sohoarts.org
SoHo Design District
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood. Contact the SoHo Memory Project: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow on Instagram: @sohomemory
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at email@example.com
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming