SoHo Broadway Community Corner: July 2021
Jun 30, 2021 | By SoHo Broadway Initiative
Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Architectural League
- 594 Broadway, Suite 607 New York, NY 10012, (212) 753-1722 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a vital, independent forum for architecture and its allied disciplines, the League helps create a more beautiful, vibrant, innovative, and sustainable future.
- Urban Omnibus is now on Instagram @urbanomnibus
- Enjoy the online publication of Urban Omnibus: urbanomnibus.net
- Learn more about the Architectural League and it’s mission HERE
The Center for Italian Modern Art
The Chinese American Arts Council-Gallery 465
- 456 Broadway, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013 | Phone : 212.431.9740 | email: email@example.com
- The Chinese American Arts Council (CAAC) was established in 1975 to support the cultural arts of New York City’s Chinese-heritage communities and to generally raise awareness of Chinese performing and visual arts.
- Gallery 456 is the visual arts exhibition space of the Chinese American Arts Council
- Exhibit: Feeling by Phyllis Yao & David Wang July 7 – July 30, 2021
- Website: www.caacarts.org
Community Board No. 2
- 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 | Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960’s
- FULL BOARD, Thurs., 07/22 @ 6:30 PM – Meeting Access via Video Conferencing. Please register at the following link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7brN-TQURrmfN1amIhmJRA
- Also, SoHo/NoHo working group/Anita Brandt, Chair:
- Wed., 7/8@ 6:30 PM https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_a2S3TpT7ThCaNV0M1dGsKA
- Tues., 7/14 (business session only) @ 6:30 PM https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_a2S3TpT7ThCaNV0M1dGsKA
- website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
Douglas Dunn + Dancers
The Drawing Center
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City | email: email@example.com
- The Garden is open year-round by volunteers. Weather permitting (Real Feel > 45°) details: @ElizabethStreetGarden
- Movie nights, Sunday live music and Sunday Poetry readings and gardening Saturdays are back! See the calendar:ESG Calendar
- Website: elizabethstreetgarden.org
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- 126 Crosby St New York, NY | Phone: 212-334-3324 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HousingWorks fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Housing Works has reopened their bookstore café and thrift shop! Please note hours and check events calendar for upcoming events: https://www.housingworks.org/events
- Braking Aids Ride is happening this year! Sign-up or get involved – Sunday, September 12: https://brakingaidsride.org
- Website: Housingworks.org
The Judd Foundation
- 101 Spring Street New York NY | phone: 212.219.2747 | email: email@example.com
- Visit our Talks page to watch/listen to previously recorded talks with artists: HERE
- The guided visit program in New York will operate at a limited schedule and capacity. The number of available tickets will be reflected in the calendar and will be released on monthly basis. Safety protocols apply to all visitors regardless of vaccine status: Visit 101 Spring Street
- website: Juddfoundation.org
Leslie-Lohman Museum-50 Years of LGBTQ Art
- 26 Wooster Street New York, NY 10013 (Between Grand & Canal Streets) | Phone 212-431-2609
- Created by our founders to preserve LGBTQ identity and build community, the Leslie-Lohman Museum acts as a cultural hub for the LGBTQ community by aspiring to reclaim scholarship from a queer perspective.
- ON VIEW – CHOSEN: A group exhibition celebrating queer kinship: through August 1, 2021-https://www.leslielohman.org/exhibitions/chosen
- The Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art has some exhibition and workshops online. Please visit our website!
Lower East Side Ecology Center
Mulberry Street Library
- 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012 | Phone: (212) 966-3424
- Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- We are open! As part of our phased repening, we are expanding services at open grab-and-go locations. In addition to holds pickups and returns, this location now offers advance reservations for public computer use and limited browsing of materials. See you at the library—but don’t forget your mask!
- Website: Mulberry Street Branch
Museum at Eldridge Street
Rebecca Kelly Ballet
- 579 Broadway, 4B; New York, NY 10012 | Email: RKBallet1@verizon.net | Phone: 212-431-8489
- Appleby Foundation, Inc. 501c3 non-profit listed on Guidestar
- Home of the classical and contemporary Rebecca Kelly Ballet – since 1979.
- Mountain Lake PBS-TV Paul Larson interviews Rebecca Kelly
“Choreographer Rebecca Kelly’s creativity flourishes during the pandemic” – View the interview HERE
- Find out more about us: www.rebeccakellyballet.com
SoHo Design District
- Phone: 917.410.0377 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood.
- Follow on Instagram: @sohomemory
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming