Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Architectural League
- 594 Broadway, Suite 607 New York, NY 10012, (212) 753-1722 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a vital, independent forum for architecture and its allied disciplines, the League helps create a more beautiful, vibrant, innovative, and sustainable future.
- Urban Omnibus: SoHo Broadway Initiative’s very own Executive Director Mark Dicus reflects on the year 2020 and the ups and down of a tumultuous year along one of New York City’s most heavily-trafficked pedestrian corridors: Dispatch Oct 28 – This is What We’re Seeing, This is What We’re Not Seeing
- Enjoy the online publication of Urban Omnibus: urbanomnibus.net
- Learn more about the Architectural League and it’s mission HERE
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- 421 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, (646) 370-3596 | email: email@example.com
- (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
- MARIO SCHIFANO 1960-1965 between January 26 – June 05 2021
- website: italianmodernart.org
The Chinese American Arts Council-Gallery 465
- 456 Broadway, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013 | Phone : 212.431.9740 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chinese American Arts Council (CAAC) was established in 1975 to support the cultural arts of New York City’s Chinese-heritage communities and to generally raise awareness of Chinese performing and visual arts.
- Gallery 456 is the visual arts exhibition space of the Chinese American Arts Council and is closed until further notice.
- Website: www.caacarts.org
Community Board No. 2
- 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 | Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | email: email@example.com
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960’s
- FULL BOARD, Thurs., 01/21 @ 6:30 PM – Meeting Access via Video Conferencing. Please register at the following link:
- website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
Douglas Dunn + Dancers
- 541 Broadway 3rd floor, New York, NY 10012 , New York City | Phone: +212-966-6999 | email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video recording of The Alchemy of Grand Union, with Wendy Perron & Douglas Dunn available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Zliul96KbCQ
- Website: Douglas Dunn + Dancers
The Drawing Center
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City | email: email@example.com
- Operating hours at the Elizabeth St. Garden are weekdays 10 a. to 6 pm and on Saturdays and Sundays 12 pm to 6 pm. Please check the Facebook page for reopening details: @ElizabethStreetGarden
- The garden as an ongoing ‘Call to Artists’ program. Submit your work for an opportunity to have your work featured! https://www.elizabethstreetgarden.com/calltoartists
- Website: elizabethstreetgarden.org
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- 126 Crosby St New York, NY | Phone: 212-334-3324 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HousingWorks fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Our clinics remain open. We hope to restart our events in October – but stay tuned!
- The online Shop remains up and running, but shipping will be delayed until staff are safely able to return and process.
- Website: Housingworks.org
The Judd Foundation
Leslie-Lohman Museum-50 Years of LGBTQ Art
- 26 Wooster Street New York, NY 10013 (Between Grand & Canal Streets) | Phone 212-431-2609
- Created by our founders to preserve LGBTQ identity and build community, the Leslie-Lohman Museum acts as a cultural hub for the LGBTQ community by aspiring to reclaim scholarship from a queer perspective.
- The Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art has some exhibition and workshops online. Please visit our website!
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Mailing Address, P.O. Box 20488, New York NY 10009 | Learning Center & Office, Fire Boat House, East River Promenade at Grand Street
New York NY, 10002, 212.477.4022
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs, Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.
- Good News! Community Compost Drop-offs continue now at new location: Abrons Art Center at 466 Grand Street (East Grand St., near Pitt Street), New York, NY 10002.
Wednesdays 9am-12pm, operated by (launches Dec 2)
Operated in partnership with Henry St Settlement.
- Website: LES
Mulberry Street Library
Museum at Eldridge Street
- 12 Eldridge Street , New York, NY, 10002, Museum Site: 212.219.0302 | email@example.com
- Learn about our virtual events and resources for the community on our website! Connect, learn and bring the kids.
- Website: Museum at Eldridge Street
Rebecca Kelly Ballet
- 579 Broadway, 4B; New York, NY 10012 | Email: RKBallet1@verizon.net | Phone: 212-431-8489
- Appleby Foundation, Inc. 501c3 non-profit listed on Guidestar
- Home of the classical and contemporary Rebecca Kelly Ballet – since 1979.
- Mountain Lake PBS-TV Paul Larson interviews Rebecca Kelly
“Choreographer Rebecca Kelly’s creativity flourishes during the pandemic” – View the interview HERE
- Find out more about us: www.rebeccakellyballet.com
SoHo Design District
- Phone: 917.410.0377 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood.
- Follow on Instagram: @sohomemory
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming