Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Architectural League
- 594 Broadway, Suite 607 New York, NY 10012, (212) 753-1722 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a vital, independent forum for architecture and its allied disciplines, the League helps create a more beautiful, vibrant, innovative, and sustainable future.
- Urban Omnibus is now on Instagram @urbanomnibus
- Enjoy the online publication of Urban Omnibus: urbanomnibus.net
- The League Mentorship – An annual nine-month mentorship program for students at public architecture schools in the New York City area. Mentor applications are open and must be submitted by Tuesday, August 8 at 11:59 p.m.: https://archleague.org/mentorship
- Learn more about the Architectural League and its mission HERE
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- 421 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, (646) 370-3596 | email: email@example.com
- (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
- CIMA exhibitions is closed for the summer – next exhibit is October 12, 2023 with Corrado Cagli and his years in the United States.
- website: italianmodernart.org
The Chinese American Arts Council-Gallery 465
- 456 Broadway, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10013 | Phone : 212.431.9740 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chinese American Arts Council (CAAC) was established in 1975 to support the cultural arts of New York City’s Chinese-heritage communities and to generally raise awareness of Chinese performing and visual arts.
- Gallery 456 is open Mon-Wed-Fri from 1PM to 5PM.
- Exhibit – Exhibit: Jing Liu Solo Exhibition-August 8 – August 11, 2023: Jing Liu
- Website: www.caacarts.org
Community Board No. 2
- 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 | Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | email: email@example.com
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960s
- FULL BOARD Susan Kent, Chair: No Full Board Meeting in August! Meeting Calendar
- Website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
Douglas Dunn + Dancers
The Drawing Center
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Garden is open year-round by volunteers – Winter Hours: WEEKDAYS: Noon – 4 pm, WEEKENDS: 10 am – 4 pm-weather permitting and RealFeel > 45°F
- The Wellness series is back – Yoga & Tai Chi Saturdays & Sundays through September. Also, community gardening, live music and poetry: Get Calendar HERE!
- Website: elizabethstreetgarden.com
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- 126 Crosby St New York, NY | Phone: 212-334-3324 | email: email@example.com.
- Housing Works fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Pride Month: How The Gay Liberation Front Created The New Queer World – A panel discussion & reunion of founding members of the Gay Liberation Front, Sunday, June 04 2:30–4:30 PM at 126 Crosby St. Learn more HERE
- Braking Aids Ride is September 8-10 this year. Register to ride or sponsor – HERE
- Website: Housingworks.org
The Judd Foundation
- 101 Spring Street New York NY | phone: 212.219.2747 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Talks page to watch/listen to previously recorded talks with artists: HERE
- IN-person visits – the guided visit program in New York will operate at a limited schedule and capacity. The number of available tickets will be reflected in the calendar and will be released on monthly basis. Visit 101 Spring Street
- website: Juddfoundation.org
Leslie-Lohman Museum of Art
- 26 Wooster Street New York, NY 10013 (Between Grand & Canal Streets) | Phone 212-431-2609
- Created by our founders to preserve LGBTQ identity and build community, the Leslie-Lohman Museum acts as a cultural hub for the LGBTQ community by aspiring to reclaim scholarship from a queer perspective.
- On Exhibit: Oceanic, Portal – a facade installation by micha cárdenas, Gerald Casel, Ian Costello, Cynthia Ling Lee, Susana Ruiz, and Huy Truong will close on August 6, 2023: https://leslielohman.org/exhibitions/oceanic-portal
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Mailing Address, P.O. Box 20488, New York NY 10009 | Learning Center & Office, Fire Boat House, East River Promenade at Grand Street
New York NY, 10002, 212.477.4022
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs, Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.
- Hudson Square Compost Drop-Off (continues through winter) – Wednesdays 9am to 2pm: Bring your food scraps to the NYC Compost Project’s morning commuter drop-off location at Hudson Square (6th Ave & Spring St – NE Corner) SCHEDULE HERE
- LES Fall Social, which celebrates the Ecology Center’s 20th anniversary of e-waste, will take place on Thursday, September 21. Tickets HERE
- Website: LES
Mulberry Street Library
- 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012 | Phone: (212) 966-3424
- Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- We are open! As part of our phased re-opening, we are expanding services at open grab-and-go locations. In addition to holds pickups and returns, this location now offers advance reservations for public computer use and limited browsing of materials. See you at the library—but don’t forget your mask!
- Paintings by Harry Powell Through September 5, 2023: Exhibition Details
- Library website: https://www.nypl.org/locations/mulberry-street
Museum at Eldridge Street
SoHo Design District
- Phone: 917.410.0377 | Email: email@example.com
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design showrooms community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood.
- SoHo Memory Project Launches New Interactive Audio Tour and Exhibit at UNIQLO (created by Yukie Ohta) – Get access to the tour here: https://mailchi.mp/b950a220b267/audio-tour
- Follow on Instagram: @sohomemory
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at email@example.com
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming