Photography by Brad Paris
SoHo Broadway Community Corner
The Community Corner provides information about community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from not-for-profits and governmental institutions providing programming in SoHo and neighboring communities.
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- 21 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, (646) 370-3596 | email: email@example.com
- (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
- Guided Tours: Friday and Saturday, 11am and 2pm, Open Visiting Hours: Friday and Saturday, 1 — 6pm
- Last chance to see Alberto Savino exhibit in NYC – book your guided tour HERE
- website: italianmodernart.org
Community Board No. 2
- 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 | Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960’s
- See CB2 Calendar and Agenda and find location of all monthly meetings. *Calendar is subject to change. Monthly location is also subject to change.
- Monday, June 25th, 6:30 pm – Community Board 2 is hosting a meeting concerning Elizabeth Street Garden. Please arrive at 6 p.m. to ensure a seat. NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 520
(Please note that the accessible entrance is located at 31 Washington Place.)
- website: Community Board 2 Manhattan
- Full Board meeting with public session is usually last Thursday of each month – In June it will be Thurs., 6/21 @ 6:30 PM- P.S. 41 Greenwich Village Elementary School, Auditorium, 116 W. 11th St.
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City | email: email@example.com
- Weekdays: Noon-6PM, Weekends: 10AM-6PM, weather permitting and when RealFeel is above 40°F,
- Lots of Spring activities – Yoga with YMCA Chinatown, deep breathing with Wim Hof/Tsa Lung- inspired techniques, Children’s story time and more….See full Calendar!
- ESG Public Meeting – Sunday, June 3rd, 6 pm in the garden – Attend our public meeting for an update on the City, CB2 hearing, and our plans for a busy summer!
- Website: elizabethstreetgarden.org
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- Visit at 126 Crosby St New York, NY– Mon–Fri: 9 AM–9 PM | Sat–Sun: 10 AM–5 PM | Phone: 212-334-3324 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special events and a fully stocked cafe make this a great place to meet friends, relax, and shop the best book, movie, and music selection in New York City. The Bookstore is staffed almost entirely by volunteers and 100% of our profits go to Housing Works.
- HousingWorks fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
- Website: Housingworks.org
- See listing of Housing Works/Bookstore Cafe cultural events
The Judd Foundation
- Visit with guided tour reservation: 101 Spring Street New York NY, Tues, Thurs, and Fri at 1:00pm, 3:00pm, and 5:00pm. Sat at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 4:00pm. | phone: 212.219.2747 | email: email@example.com
- Guided visits to 101 Spring Street offer visitors direct engagement with Donald Judd’s art and vision. Judd’s formerly private living and working space provides firsthand experience of Judd’s concept of permanent installation in downtown New York.
- $24 per person. $11.50 students and seniors, with valid ID. High School students can visit 101 Spring Street for free | Call for tickets OvationTix: 866.811.4111
- website: Juddfoundation.org
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Mailing address-P.O. Box 20488 New York, NY 10009. 212-477-4022, | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs, Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.
- Compost drop off locations in Manhattan: New drop off location in Chinatown….see locations
- List of compost drop off hours citywide: compost drop off hours
- Website: LES
Mulberry Street Library
- 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012, (212) 966-3424. Mon-11 am–7 pm, Tues-10 am–7 pm, Wed-11 am–7 pm, Thurs-10 am–7 pm, Fri-10 am–5 pm, Sat-10 am–5 pm | Phone: (212) 966-3424
- Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- List of events: Mulberry Street Library NYC
- Art Workshop (Collage) – Father Time – Sat, June 2, “The Architects of Hope: Sixteen Young People Dreaming of A Better Tomorrow” Author Talk and Storytelling Circle with Ari Satok on June 4.
- Website: Mulberry Street Branch
Museum at Eldridge Street
Rebecca Kelly Ballet
- Home of the classical and contemporary Rebecca Kelly Ballet – since 1979.
- For professionals – Rehearsal studio for dance
- Classes for teens (after school) and adults (private fitness and tailored workout)-see schedule of classes
- Find out more about us: www.rebeccakellyballet.com
SoHo Arts Network
- The Soho Arts Network is a working network of non-profit art spaces in SoHo, celebrating the rich history of our unique creative community.
- See network of galleries: sohoarts.org
SoHo Design District
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design community: sohodesigndistrict.org
- Celebrate In Our SoHo Showrooms To See New Designs During NYCxDESIGN: RSVP
The SoHo Memory Project
- Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood. Contact the SoHo Memory Project: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: sohomemory.org
Would your organization like to be added to our SoHo Broadway Community Corner? email us at email@example.com
See our news & events
SoHo Broadway Community programming