Photography by Brad Paris
Community Corner December 2017
Events in the SoHo Broadway Community
The Community Corner provides information about SoHo Broadway Community programming, public museum exhibits and announcements from neighborhood not-for-profits and governmental institutions.
The Center for Italian Modern Art
- Guided Tours: Friday and Saturday, 11am and 2pm, Open Visiting Hours: Friday and Saturday, 1 — 6pm, 21 Broome St, New York, NY 10013, (646) 370-3596
- email: email@example.com
- italianmodernart.org (CIMA) is a 501c3 public nonprofit exhibition and research center established in 2013 in New York City to promote public appreciation and advance the study of modern and contemporary Italian art in the United States and internationally.
Community Board No. 2
- The Manhattan Community Board 2 is a New York City community board encompassing the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village, West Village, NoHo, SoHo, Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy in the borough of Manhattan. Community Board 2 is one of the first community boards to be established in the early 1960’s
- See CB2 Calendar and Agenda and find location of all monthly meetings.
- *Calendar is subject to change. Monthly location is also subject to change.
- Please contact CB2 with any community concerns: 3 Washington Square Village, #1A, New York, NY 10012 Phone : 212-979-2272 | Fax: 212-254-5102 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Street Garden
- Weekdays: Noon-6PM, Weekends: 10AM-6PM, weather permitting and when RealFeel is above 40°F, Elizabeth Street between Prince & Spring Streets, Little Italy, New York City
- email: email@example.com
Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe
- Special events and a fully stocked cafe make this a great place to meet friends, relax, and shop the best book, movie, and music selection in New York City. The Bookstore is staffed almost entirely by volunteers and 100% of our profits go to Housing Works.
- Visit at 126 Crosby St New York, NY– Mon–Fri: 9 AM–9 PM | Sat–Sun: 10 AM–5 PM | Phone: 212-334-3324
- housingworks.org fights for funding and legislation to ensure that all people living with HIV/AIDS have access to quality housing, healthcare, HIV prevention, and treatment, among other lifesaving service
The Judd Foundation
- 101 Spring Street New York NY
- Guided visits: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 1:00pm, 3:00pm, and 5:00pm. Saturdays at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 4:00pm.
- $24 per person. $11.50 students and seniors, with valid ID. High School students can visit 101 Spring Street for free
- Call for tickets OvationTix: 866.811.4111
- Juddfoundation.org Guided visits to 101 Spring Street offer visitors direct engagement with Donald Judd’s art and vision. Judd’s formerly private living and working space provides firsthand experience of Judd’s concept of permanent installation in downtown New York.
Lower East Side Ecology Center
- LES offers Community-based Recycling and Composting Programs,
- Local Stewardship of Green Space, and Environmental Education Programs.Mailing address-P.O. Box 20488 New York, NY 10009. 212-477-4022, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compost drop off locations in Manhattan: locations
- List of compost drop off hours citywide: compost drop off hours
Mulberry Street Library
- 10 Jersey Street, New York, NY, 10012, (212) 966-3424. Library Manager: Rebecca Alberto
- Mon-11 am–7 pm, Tues-10 am–7 pm, Wed-11 am–7 pm, Thurs-10 am–7 pm, Fri-10 am–5 pm, Sat 10 am–5 pm
- List of events: Mulberry Street Library NYC
SoHo Arts Network
- The Soho Arts Network is a working network of non-profit art spaces in SoHo, celebrating the rich history of our unique creative community.
- See network of galleries: sohoarts.org
SoHo Design District
- The SoHo Design District brings together SoHo’s design community through the promotion and preservation of SoHo as a premier destination for world renowned design and creativity.
- See map of design community: sohodesigndistrict.org
The SoHo Memory Project
- The SoHo Memory Project is a mobile museum, archive, and blog celebrating and preserving the history of SoHo as a New York City neighborhood. Contact the SoHo Memory Project: email@example.com
- Visit website: sohomemory.org
SoHo Broadway Community programming